Monday, August 20, 2012

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

It's been forever since I've written a beauty blog strictly for this blog. I've been inundating you with articles from the website I currently write for. So, I decided to show my blog some love- and this is what I decided to grace you all with: My thoughts on the new Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup (foundation). Although I've only tried a sample of it, I actually really like it. It's super lightweight, leaves a flawless luminous finish and comes in a multitude of shades. 12 to be exact. I happen to be # 8: medium-dark shade, with warm golden undertones. How I came across this foundation was through an email Sephora sent me as part of their beauty insider program. Introducing the new product, the email stated that you could pick up a week's worth sample at your closest store. Now, I initially went in to pick up my annual birthday present- also through the beauty insider program and figured why not pick up the sample as well? Turns out the store didn't have any :( It also seemed that the girl at the register had no idea what I was talking about, saying it might be an online only promotion. I told her I was really interested in the product, I'm assuming she felt bad because she had another associate color match me to make a sample of the foundation- I expected nothing less from them! Sephora always makes sure you leave happy, and that's probably why I keep going back...that and my unwavering love for beauty. Even though the sample isn't a week's worth, I'm still happy I got enough of it to at least try on my entire face. I was slightly hesitant to even try it- because let's be honest, it's a little pricey and I didn't want to fall in love with something that expensive- even if it is really great. The foundation retails for $38, and yes I have spent more than that on other makeup products- but I'm not sure I'd want to spend that much on foundation alone. Instead I also plan on trying out L'oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous foundation, another new foundation which looks like it could be comparable to the UD Naked foundation, and is $30 cheaper!!! The one thing that both foundations do have in common it seems is the luminosity factor- both products claim to leave a healthy glowing finish. The UD Naked foundation actually did just that, it probably didn't hurt either that I applied it with my beauty blender-which I blogged about way back when in this post : http://fashionablylatest.blogspot.com/2011/07/summer-favorites.html
Overall I'm pretty pleased with the product, but the jury's out until I try the L'Oreal True Match Lumi. I'll be sure to keep you all posted. Pictures to follow soon too! Till then, stay fabulous! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment